Clearing up git submodules problems

Clearing up git submodules problems

As some of you noted, I moved my blog into Hugo . You have to pull multiple git repositories to compile the entire project during the build process. Because begging is always challenging, it’s always trial and error, and I ended up having many sub-repositories missing. I’m now going to show the whole journey how to solve “the issue”.

Docker, GO and CGO application build

Docker, GO and CGO application build

I’ve been avoiding Docker for a very long time. I started as a sysadmin setting up servers running FreeBSD and early versions of Debian on bare-bone servers. As soon as “cloud” came into the market, I switched to AWS and GCE and have used them since then. EC2 was my always goto choice to deploy something on the internet quickly. But Docker — for some reason, I was avoiding it until this two years ago, when I started using it. Without too much trust.

But today, history is not about my love & hate relationship with Docker, but about deploying the GO application and VIPS library. A couple of problems appeared during the process, and it’s worth mentioning them for future generations because I could find much help around my issues.

How to force clean cached DNS records

links to clear cached records in popular public DNS servers:

Dealing with DNS changes can be annoying and frustrating. Changes are not visible straight away, you have to wait to see them. Thet are not even. Here you can find links to clear cached records in popular public DNS servers: Flushing DNS cache Flush Google Public DNS Cache Purge Cloudflare Public DNS Cache Checking results You can check results here: IntoDNS Refresh OpenDNS Cache DNSSEC Tools DNSViz.
Why VIPS and Go it’s not a good match for production environment

Why VIPS and Go it’s not a good match for production environment

using cgo bindings in go is a not an easy way

I built a simple worker to do some magic with images by using Go & VIPS . I chose VIPS because it is blazing fast compared to other Go image processing libraries. So this is the story about what went wrong. Because my DEV setup is Apple MacBook Pro with M1 Apple Silicon, it’s always tricky to compile something to the proper architecture. Installing VIPS on my machine, it’s pretty straightforward: